Master of Science in Sustainable Systems Engineering (MSc SSE)
Science and engineering are basic tools to achieve a sustainable development, also in domains like ecology, economics and society.
Description of Degree Programme
The Master's programme in Sustainability Engineering is designed for highly qualified graduate students holding a Bachelor‘s degree in engineering or science. It provides an in-depth knowledge in fields like
- sustainable materials
- energy systems (especially renewable energies)
- natural resources
- sustainable economics
- technology and society.
The successful completion of the Master's programme qualifies for a career in research, as well as head positions in industries of conventional and renewable energy, supply companies and infrastructure operators for mobility or energy.
Academic and Language Pre-requisites
- Very good Bachelor's degree in Sustainable Systems Engineering, Microsystems Engineering, Mechanical, Process, Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- Good English language proficiency (IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 78)
Total Credits and Standard Length of Studies
120 ECTS points
4 semester resp. 2 years
Language of Instruction
Start of Courses
Winter semester (October)
German citizens and EU-citizens: 155 Euro per semester
Non-EU-citizens (NEW! ): Non-EU-citizens will most probably have to pay 1500 Euro per semester from the winter semester 2017/18 onwards.
Examination Rules, Curriculum
- Department of Sustainable Systems Engineering - Homepage
- Flyer with information on the Master in Sustainable Systems Engineering (pdf)